"Too much fun--
What's that mean?
It's like too much money,
There's no such thing.
It's like a girl too pretty,
With too much class.
Being too lucky, a car too fast
No matter what they say I've done,
Well, I ain't never had too much fun."
In the past few weeks, we've had a lot of fun--maybe too much! But Trace Adkins says it's okay, so we're going with it. :) (Just kidding.)
Michael with his study buddies Amy (far left) and Andrew, and my partner in comiserating & Andrew's wife, Mel. (Please notice that "too much fun" does not necessarily mean super expensive--we are still back row fanatics at all professional sporting events. One of Michael's friends from school got us a screamin' deal on these seats.) :)
Michael was really getting into the Clipper girls' dance.
Across the street from the Staples Center--we got sweet free t-shirts since it was opening night!
Staples Center
We decided to check out Disney's California Adventure. We had a fun day seeing a lot of new things.
From "Cars"
This ride shoots you up into the air. It's kind of funny/gross because there is a big clear guard that surrounds your upper body, including your face. It's probably there for other reasons, too, but I couldn't help thinking how glad I was that I didn't lose my lunch because it would've slid down that guard into my lap for the whole day. Ew.
On "Mickey's FUN Wheel!" (You have to say that with a really high pitched and expressive voice, and be wearing a black handlebar mustache when you say it.) It's a ferris wheel, but some of the "gondolas" rock and slide back and forth. Hard to explain, but it's kind of different.
Scared Face.
It seems like everyone told us about this ride. It's the Toy Story Mania one, or something like that. Anyway, it's a 3D thing and you go in and basically play these fun arcade games where you shoot at stuff. Way fun. So fun that we went over to Disneyland, and then came back to California Adventure and waited in the line for 50 minutes just to do it again. :)
With a bug. And trying our first chocolate covered banana. We were inspired by "Arrested Development." Unfortunately, chocolate covered bananas are just as bad as they sound. :) (Well, that's what we thought, at least.)
Look who we found! Chip & Dale! :)
Michael with Goofy in his Halloween costume!
With Minnie in her Halloween costume
Near the Bugs Life/Bugs World (?) entrance--the Bugs Life 3D show/movie thing was REALLY REALLY cool. And kind of disgusting all at once. :) I don't want to give it away, but if you ever go to California Adventure, you should definitely see it. Our friend's daughter says that it was kind of scary, though--I can see how it might be kind of scary. But no kids were crying while we were there, and I don't think she did, either, so I assume it's probably okay.
Our Mickey Mouse whipped cream funnel cake. Good stuff, but we think we are done with funnel cakes for a while. It wasn't that it was too much fun--it was too much sugar! :)
1 comment:
Yea, Funnel cake is too good. Meant to be shared with 2-3 forks. Glad you can have some fun. I've never been there/ probably never will so I have fun living through you... Uncle Paul isn't a fan of the rides. I had to take Uncle Jed on the Zipper after we were first married, I can't ride them now either. I would need that shield let's say... TMI!
Post a Comment