Thursday, August 26, 2010

Buddies

Everyone says this little guy is a lot like Michael in more ways than the obvious red curly (might I add, cute) hair. :) He has Uncle Michael (and Aunt "Mita," for that matter) wrapped around his little finger. We both got to snuggle up on the love sack with him and read The Gruffalo.
Michael laid back to watch a movie with the kids and the little cutie followed suit. We missed it the first time on the camera--his hands were really behind his head the first time. This is our attempt at re-creating the moment while he was enthralled with whatever Disney movie was on and couldn't seem to quite get his hands back to the behind-the-head position. This is even better, don't you think? :)
Doesn't this just give you warm fuzzies? They are pals.

Chris and Lisa were here for the weekend (from St. Louis!), so Toe Jam had an invasion at their house (thanks!). We had such a good time seeing everyone all at once. It's amazing how much things seem to just click when everyone's togther. Though sometimes slightly chaotic, it is so fun! We took a family picture since we will have a new addition in a couple weeks. (Landon and Britney are tying the knot!) Didn't it turn out great?

Okay, just teasing. This is the final cut.

Played some backyard soccer. Michael and I got to see our nephew tearin' up the field at soccer practice on Tuesday, too. Lucky us! I guess last week he got a bug and was sick after playing soccer. Originally, he thought it was heat exhaustion that made him sick, so on Tuesday, he was very careful to take it slow until Tami told him he wasn't going to get sick this time from running hard. Then he really started firing! :) So fun!

This little dude rediscovered his football "Husky" hat. And these little 10 cent plastic popper toys. Lisa taught me the ways of the popper toy and simultaneously kept the little guy smiley. :)

All that can be said is THANKS, Toe Jam! :)

And THANKS, Landon (and fam) for bringing us all this great fruit! The peaches and berries were amazing!

Played some Chubby Bunny. Didn't post pictures of the "bunnies" to protect the innocent, but this is the picture of everyone taking pictures of the "bunnies." Yes, we've heard of jump drives and their wonderful power to share digital photographs, but we prefer to all take our own pictures and videos anyway. It's been working out well for us . . . we end up with about 10 of each shot, plus ONE or TWO that are AWESOME and we wouldn't have gotten otherwise. :) It works. The irony is that now I don't take nearly as many pics on my camera, so I end up not having many great ones to post when I still have a memory of what actually took place. Sorry--you'll have to deal. :)

Happy Wedding to Britney! This is her get-up for her bachelorette party. We are at Portage Bay, an awesome breakfast place in the U District for any Seattle visitors. I think Kneaders (in Provo) has some serious competition. Bananas Foster French Toast was FAN-diddly-astic!

Our mini-reunion also included
*Landon's Bachelor Party
*a game of Blurt! in which Lisa answered the definition "The Elvis muscle" handily with "levator labii superioris alaeque nasi." Had us all floored, especially Michael (for who the joke was intended), who said, "That is NOT what is on the card."
*playing ball tag
*getting in some "BP" at the elementary softball field (I never know these sports acronymns unless I'm there, so BP is Batting Practice, just in case you didn't know) :)
*crowd surfing and even stage diving at a rockin' Black Happy concert in Seattle
*teaching Momma D what a mosh pit is
*brining up weird conversation topics at dinner (worms? ew.)
*giving the baby nephew "horsey rides"
*putting the baby nephew to bed as "Super Baby!"
*our middle nephew walking around to everyone saying "Smell my finger" and slapping you in the face when you did. Ha! (I think he was supposed to hit his own hand and get you a little bit. It was kind of funny.)
*Knock, knock!
Who's there?
The KGB.
The KGbah . . .
(slap to the face)
The KGB vill vait for no one!

After everyone had to go home, Michael and I got to hang out with Tami and the kiddos for a day. We had lots of great fruit (thanks, again, Landon!), so Tami made us some pancakes. Uncle Michael taught the nephew the ways of the whipped cream can.
He seemed to like it at first, but when Michael tried to give him more, he pursed his lips, still smiling, though, and shook his head to say "No way, Jose!"
I can't wait to see what our baby "Darwin" looks like. We will love him, red-head, blonde, curly, straight, whatever, of course. I think it will be fun to see him with his Dad, especially after watching these two "buddies." Love it.

3 comments:

Emilee D said...

Darling pictures of the little buddies!! We are so excited that you guys live in Tacoma! That is not too far away at all!!

It was fabulous seeing you yesterday and can't wait to see you next weekend at the wedding!! :)

Tami said...

LOVE the cute uncle michael pics. We'll need copies for little guy's book!

Unknown said...

I love all of the pictures! Congrats on your pregnancy! You and Michael will be great parents. We are sad that we are missing out on Britney's wedding. St. Louis is cooling down and raining. Ben is loving law school. How is Michael doing? Is he insanely busy? I bet you guys are enjoying being closer to family again. We miss you guys, take care!