The joke in our house when people ask how long we've been married goes like this.
Friend or Acquaintance: "How long have you guys been married?"
One of us: "Five years."
The other one of us: "It feels like an eternity."
We've shared this joke so long, it just seems natural. Kind of like when we're listening to a song with a good beat in the car and we both start doing the one arm pump dance move IN SYNC! (Our family can attest.) Or when, at the dinner table, Michael says, "I heard a joke today," and I'm supposed to say, "Oh. That's funny." And then Michael says, "Yes. It was." (Again, family can attest. They can also attest that we are the only ones who thought this was funny. But I know there are a few Dwight K. Shrute fans out there, so I decided to put it on anyway.) :)
To celebrate our five year anniversary, we went kayaking on Lake Union on a beautiful, sunny Seattle day in May. Happy Anniversary to us!
(BIG THANKS to Aunt Tam for watching Darwin so we could go!)
| Getting a picture of the person behind you without dropping the camera into the water is tricky! Here's Michael, plus a closeup of my splash skirt strap. |
| Gas Works Park |
| Those sleeves were soaking wet by the end of the trip. I think I need to hone my paddling skills. |
| Husky Stadium. Just to prove that we paddled that far (from west Lake Union through Portage Bay and to the stadium). |
| Action Shot + Seattle skyline. What a gorgeous day! |
We also got to play a little racquetball. Michael is goooood. |
So, because I am ashamed that I made yet another poor food choice, I am putting this at the bottom of the post. Maybe you'll miss it that way. But then again, missing it would be sad because Michael's face in this video is hilarious. :) For our anniversary, Michael took me to a restraunt in "centro" (Michael always calls downtown "centro") that I've been wanting to try for a while. We ordered, and Michael got the beef dish that everyone raves about, leaving me to venture out into the unknown. I ordered a Burmese Mango Pork. And, yes, Michael did suggest a couple other dishes that we later heard would've been better. Sorry, babe. So, the waiter brings the food eventually, after we've been talking about the cosmos and such, and I get a whiff and think, "That waiter must have missed taking a shower this morning," but, to my dismay, he left and the stench lingered. The first bite of the stinky pork was okay. I hadn't quite identified the smell yet, so I just thought, Hmmm. Well, I guess this is what cooked mango smells like, and was able to choke it down. Then I tried a bite of Michael's dish (which was amazing, in the Wild Ginger's defense). I tried to go back to mine, but by then I had identified the smell, I thought.
Feline urine.
Michael says it was "poo" scented.
Regardless, both odors are not pleasant to smell, let alone to eat.
Here's Michael's reaction.
| With our doggie bag of stinky pork. |
A kiss means, I love you.
With tongue, it means, I want you.
And when you kiss with tongue, you'll be
togetha
foreva
Now kiss.
(He turned around so we could had to.)
Weird.
Michael's probably never going to hold my hand in public again.
Way Back Then.
![]() |
| May 2006 |

7 comments:
Happy anniversary! I like your little jokes. I even laughed at that one you say no one thinks is funny.
That pork sounds disgusting.
These stories are so typical to you guys, they make me laugh. Even Michael's reaction to the poo pork. I miss you two! And hey, that was basically the date in the big city I took Landon on for the weekend we got engaged--kayaking, Wild Ginger with one great dish and one very mediocre (though not as bad as yours). Crazy how great minds think alike, eh :) Happy anniversary!
Okay, so I guess we need to start specifying which dishes to get when you go to Wild Ginger...
Maybe the funniest post so far! Tears are rolling down my cheeks, the situations you two experience are unbelievable! Happy Anniversary! I really think you should submit one of your stories to http://www.comingtogrips.net/
It would be perfect!
So funny!
i just can't believe how funny you are. man i miss you.
I am so sorry about your cat pee/poo pork! The Wild Ginger has some great dishes. I've had to try "Stinky Tofu" before, which smells just like the cows in Sunnyside. Not good. But apparently super popular in Taiwan.
Post a Comment