These babies have been getting a workout here in Florida. And not only in the way you might think. Sure, I wear them a lot and it is great to just slip on my flippedy flops and head out the door. But their alternate use is not so great. These trusty flip flops have become giant spider and cockroach slayers for the last couple weeks. Man, they grow their bugs big down here in Florida. It's funny now how concerned I was with alligators; Michael saw one 3-footer on campus, but otherwise, nothing. We have seen three HUGE spiders in our house alive, two dead (thank you, pest control!), and a handful of speedy roaches. Sick. We can't decide which intruder we hate worse. I think it wouldn't be quite so bad if they weren't in our house . . . luckily our landlords have been great about getting pest control out quickly and we haven't seen them hardly at all since then. Phew. And, gross.
In other news, we took our first trip to the beach. It was awesome! We only took three pics the whole time--too busy playing in the warm water, I guess. :)
We have had a few get togethers with people from our ward and with Michael's fellow interns and their significant others/fams and we are so excited to get to know everyone better! We are floored by everyone's kindness. There has been a lot going on with our house, especially a dishwasher leak, and it's been a little crazy and stressful, but there is no shortage of great people here, which has helped a lot in the homesick department.
Something else that helps in the homesick department--MONSTER COOKIES!! :) Darwin and I whipped up a batch for a BBQ with the interns last week. I gave him one, you know, since he "helped" and all. :) He was cracking me up with how hard he was trying to reach for another.
Darwin likes playing hide and go seek. :) He also LOVES doing laps around the kitchen island/wall. It's just like Nana's house! We had a Superhero night for FHE and we all "flew" around saving the world together. It was pretty great and Darwin thought it was the best thing ever. :)
Before we got a mattress, we used our old air mattress. Definitely better than the ground, anyway. Just a cute one of Darwin cuddling up to Daddy. :)
More updates to come, and more catch up posts, too. I think we are just about to resurface from moving. :)

2 comments:
I'm so glad you've made friends already! That's fantastic!
I love superhero night for FHE. Awesome.
Yummy cookies. Take pictures of Jeff today for me, would you???
I really hope you have a mattress now, with the bug problem and all...
Post a Comment