Sunday, November 2, 2008

Get Out the Vote!

I just found this quote as I was preparing my lesson plans for this week. I think it is appropriate for the present time, especially with voting coming up on Tuesday, even though it was originally spoken by George Washington in 1776.

"The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army. Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us only the chance of brave resistance, or the most abject submission. We have, therefore, to resolve to conqure or die."
--George Washington, addressing the Continental Army before the battle of Long Island, August 27, 1776 (Prentice Hall Literature: The American Experience, p. 125)

What an amazing opportunity we have to be a part of this country. We are those unborn millions that Washington was speaking of, but there are more unborn millions who we will affect through our actions and even through our votes. I think everyone who ever sees our blog is a regular voter, but if you're not, start now. Go vote! :)

No comments: