Friday, November 28, 2008

We Came, We Saw, We Conquered...

And then we took a nap. :)

We have had a great Thanksgiving week! This is going go be a bit of a picture overload, so look out! We celebrated Thanksgiving on Wednesday with a great (in both senses of the word) meal. It was my first time cooking a turkey and I think it went over pretty well, thanks to my Mom, Michael's Mom, Tami, Richard and Am for the tips!

On Thanksgiving Day, we went to Disneyland! What a blast! :) We got to go on all the rides we had wanted to go on, we saw a show at The Golden Horseshoe Stage (just like my family did when I was younger, and I had a sourdough chili bowl there, too, for old times sake), we went to the Christmas parade down Main Street, saw the fireworks over the castle, and took pictures with some of our favorite Disney characters. It was great. :) We came home, picked up an L.A. Times at the gas station, looked for Black Friday deals and ate pumpkin rolls and drank hot chocolate, and then went to bed at 2. Yeah, 2. Yikes.

This morning, my alarm went off at 5:00. The plan was to go get the couple deals we really wanted the most and then come back and sleep. Well, I stopped my alarm (on my phone), put it under my pillow, and without even realizing it, we fell asleep until 7. Which was okay with us. :) We decided we still wanted a bit of the Black Friday experience, though, so we got up and went to a couple stores. Even though most of them had already been open for three hours, we decided to literally RUN in anyway. We had to get the whole feel of it. :)

And then we came home and both fell asleep for about six hours. We are missing our family, but I think we're keeping ourselves pretty busy here and we'll see them in less than a month, now!! :) Yay! So, here, as promised, is the picture overload. :) Happy Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Merry Christmas!! :)


The Spread (except for the sweet potatoes--they were still in the oven)


No Thanksgiving meal is complete without place cards. :)


Michael's first time carving a turkey--looks like a pro! :)


Guess who we ran into when we came through the gate? Yep, Goofy!! :)


The Tea Cups


I LOVE this picture!


And this is the picture of how Michael really felt on the Tea Cups. :)


Tarzan's Tree House


The Whale from Pinnochio


Dale!


The Haunted Mansion Christmas decor--creepy!


The Sword is still in the Stone


The Castle!


Splash Mountain--the name is true. Just look at his pants!


Ha! :)


The Castle again, at night.


For our neice!


It's a Small World all lit up for Christmas! This is my Grandma W's favorite. I love it, too, and even Michael is converted. :) They had "It's a Small World" music combined with "Deck the Halls" and some "Jingle Bells" all through the ride, and I thought it was pretty cool because really, the fact that we're all children of God is what ties us all together. Great reminder, Walt. :)


Argentine Penguins on It's a Small World


The Castle IN WINTER at night. :) (See the icicles?)

The PARADE!


"To Infinity and Beyond!"


Cinderella's step-sisters



Mickey gave me a kiss on the cheek. Aw. :)







And this is the second time down Splash Mountain. Ha. :) Same expressions, different time. Cracks me up.


Fireworks, just like the beginning of all Disney movies!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving. I've never been to Disney land, so I'll just have to live it through you. Glad you could go and make some memories of your own with Michael. We had everyone except Jeff at the Church. Now it's back to the 'real' world...
See you at New Year's???
Aunt Mary

NaDell said...

I love that you went to Disneyland on Thanksgiving! I would never think of that! I bet it was nice to not have to wait in too long of lines and fight tons of crowds. When did you have time on Thanksgiving to make all that food? Did you eat and then go to Disneyland, then?
Your mom needs to get blogging now too.

Connie~ said...

Anita, looks like your Thanksgiving was eventful. Loved your table setting for the big feast! Fun memories just the two of you are making!

Robinson said...

Wow! If that is what all Southern California Thanksgivings are like, I think I should move! Looks like you had two had a great time. Hope it was a nice break from school and work for both of you.

shaunie said...

We went to Disneyland at Christmas a few years back and it looks much the same - just not as crowded. My girls LOVED seeing the pics, especially the princess ones.

Anonymous said...

Oh! How I miss you Anita. I was home for Thanksgiving and thought about you. I can't believe you have been married for 2 years and now you are teaching? I hope you are like it. English is not every kids favorite subject. I eat lunch with English teachers and they are funny. It looks like you are doing well. Well keep in touch. Laurie

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

Anita! You are such a doll! I am so happy for you. You look wonderful and happy. I enjoyed your blog. Thank you for always being so kind to me, I have never forgotten that. Keep me posted!