We took the Pacific Coast Highway on the way up and stopped by Hearst Castle, but this is as close as we got.
Also along the PCH, we found elephant seals! They are HUGE, they move really funny, and they are kind of unattractive.
One of the views--Michael found this one
The PCH hugs the cliffs almost the whole way, it seems. This part is called "Big Sur."
In San Francisco with the kiddos! "What's up, homey?"
Golden Gate Bridge!
The San Fran skyline
Uncle Michael taught our niece and nephew how to catch birds. "You have to bend over and let your arms hang down and come up behind them really slowly." Our nephew was walking like this for the rest of the day, I'm pretty sure. :) (This was at Golden Gate Park.)
At California Academy of Sciences
We went to see "Wicked" again--what a great show!
The next day at Six Flags watching Shouka, the Orca whale.
Shouka's splash
Michael got me on some coasters. I have a love-hate relationship with roller coasters. I hate the anticipation, but once I'm done, I'm usually laughing like crazy. But anyway, it was quite a feat for Michael to get me to go on them.
Our neice went on her first adult roller coasters, but she was too short for this one. See the relief? :)
Ending the day at Six Flags with In N Out
At Alcatraz--this place was really neat. They had a great audio tour and stories about different people trying to escape.
The Cell Block
Alcatraz Island
Our nephew really enjoyed Ghiradelli Square. :)
This McDonald's is near Ghiradelli Square, and if you remember, the "Mmmm! Chocolate" is one of the things Michael taught to our nephew.
Our nephew tried escargot (street name: snails). So did we. Ew. But he seemed to like it.
And after a great trip, this is how the kids were at dinner. Konked out. :)
We had a great time in San Fran with Toe Jam and the kids! Thanks, you guys!
5 comments:
I'm glad you can have this fun time in CA. I'm living vicariously through you. I've only been to La and San Fran airports! Oh yea and we did ride the tram down to see the GG bridge once, but that was only for a short time... Hardly memorable.
Your nephew's hair is so cute! Looks like a lot of fun.
Smashmouth has a song called Pacific Coast Highway. I really like it (except for one word). I was wanting to sing it through your post.
Looks like you all had a great time. I wanna go there now.
Tami is adorable, as always. She was one of the YCL's over my site for my first year of Girl's Camp. I've always liked her.
that looks like such a funm fun trip! What cute nieces and nephews!
How fun! My little brother loves Escargot... we went on a cruise when he was 4 and that's all he would eat one night. funny.
Post a Comment