Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dear Family, My Life Would Be So Crummy Without You.

Have you heard Kelly Clarkson's song? That's what the title's from. We were singing it all break, and it is now cemented into my head.

We had an AWESOME Christmas and New Years. Hope you did, as well. Here's some peeks at some of the things that were so great. Often the best things you can't capture in a photograph, though. :)


We went shooting with George first and then with Ds. Yes, I am throwing the pigeon 2-handed. Is there another way? :) (I did it one handed with George, but the next day I just COULD NOT get it to fly.)



Made gingerbread (graham cracker) houses. This one is Britney and Ang's. It's the house from Home Alone. Pretty good, eh?


Ours is Chichen Itza, complete with the heads of gummy bears to represent Quezoquatal and Chocmol. Also, there is the ball court (right), palm trees, and on the left there is a Mayan vendor selling Mayan calendars and knicknacks. Oh, and he's even sitting in a lawn chair. :)



Michael's "mini-me" body-slamming him. :) (I think his nephew looks like Michael's baby pictures--a LOT!)


Rich and Am and their cute baby "opening" a gift--just want to tickle those toes! He kept twirling his feet ALL the time.

Uncle George


Michael's favorite "toy" :)

Before the break, we gave each other presents--just wanted to show you these sweet rain boots Michael picked out for me! I love them! Sometimes I wear them around the house like slippers. :)


Sunday dinner


Family football--the only way to play.


After Christmas caroling


On New Years Eve, we did a Murder Mystery Dinner. Michael was "Enrique Graves," and he even did an accent. It was great. :)


Aunt Diana took family pictures for us. Didn't she do a beautiful job? Michael teases, "I can't believe I took a picture with a tractor for you." :) Deep down, we're all a little hick, right?

7 comments:

Mary said...

It was so nice to have you and Michael come for the New Year's celebration. The pictures Aunt Diana took are great as usual. We tried to get a family picture, it is only missing Jeff and Ben. Lighting wasn't so good but we were lucky to get this many (25 of 27)in one shot.

NaDell said...

I think everyone took family pictures this year. Well, except Aunt Diana and Jorgenson's. Great picture and we were glad to see you guys.

Sally said...

That photo of micheal and your nephew is so cute. and i think your boots are so so cute. looks like you had a great time.

Julianne said...

Excellent post! And great family picture on the tractor, I will HAVE to have something like that for my family. I'm so original like that.

We got your Christmas card, woohoo! Thanks for sending it to us, it was fun to read about all your world travels and fun things. I want to snorkel. And go to Mexico. And be warm. And not be in -20 degree weather.

Jessica said...

ok---so my mom informed me you guys were at church AFTER church was over. bummer. i would have loved to see you!!! Come back soon. ALSO, I love that you included pictures of George. He looked like he was actually being a good sport:) I love the family picture--probably because I love your family so much!!! I am glad you had a good Christmas--although I know it would have been better if you had seen me:)

amber w said...

Ah, we had such fun with you guys. We should hang out all the time!! Yes, we are so tempted to come visit you guys in CA. What fun it would be!! I wish we could. Someday soon perhaps (when you guys are no longer there, and then what fun will that be?) love you tons!!

Rachel and Todd said...

Thank you! I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it black either, I thought of white, yellow, teal, or something bright, but we had black chairs (yes they were already black, from Ikea) and I just decided to make it all black. And it works! I still really like it. I'm not sure what kind of wood it is, I'm guessing Oak.

A cherry wood finish is classic though. I just got back from an antique shop and the guy I talked to really talked up the real wood finish look. But, you can always remove paint later if you don't like it.

Todd made the white with red polka dot dress, too. :) I've gotten behind on checking my blogs, and sometimes comments are my reminder! It has been fun looking at your blog! You and Michael are such a fun couple.