Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Riotous Living

Angie came down last weekend and we had a great time with her. This is going to make two trips to Disneyland and the beach in one month--a record! We really like living here and being able to do all these fun things, and the "fun things" are what we post about mostly, because as wonderful as med students are,
this . . .

. . . is kind of boring to post every time (even though in reality it's what is usually happening). (And this is the "clean" kitchen table! This picture is actually Michael and Andrew taking a 10 minute eating break from their 14ish hours of studying for a big test. **Study Buddy Andrew, thanks for the great Indian food!**)
Or is there anyone who wants to read about how I spent the weekend in solitude while Michael spent it studying the various types of diarrhea?
You do?

Okay, well, there are 30 different worms, bacteria, and/or parasites that cause Michael's favorite subject, diarrhea . . .
Not exactly blog material.
So without further ado, here are some more fun and at least sort of interesting events in our lives (and a little blip at the end about what we're "really" up to when we're not caught up in riotous living). :)

Went to Medieval Times--same announcer. That guy is great at his job. Can you imagine having your job be to dress up in tights and a tunic, ride a horse, speak with a slightly British accent, and say, "Welcome to Med-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-VAL Times!"? That's the life.
This was our knight, the green one. He is tall. Very tall.

We did the Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland first. You know how people usually put their arms and hands ALL the way up? This is Michael's version. Cracks me up. :)

Space Mountain--me doing Michael's version of Roller Coaster hands. Love Angie's face and expression. Ha. :)

Aw, the castle. :)

Bring it on, Splash Mountain!

Michael's Roller Coaster hands. The girl in the front ducked. Hilarious. :)

We did Thunder Mountain Railroad at night, too, since Indiana Jones kept breaking down all day. It is a whole different ride in the dark! What a rush! :) Michael's face is all shiny because of the sunblock that is necessary for him to prevent immediate skin cancer.

Michael said he was being the mountain. That guy. :)

Fireworks

MINNIE! Yay!

At Venice Beach. The Kush Doctor is in. You can tell by the haze. (No, it's not Michael--his/her office is on the right.)

Ang got a fun surf board clock. Aren't these cute?
We stopped by Universal Studios CityWalk on the way home. It's a cool place. The Brazilian restaurant had these dressed up dancers with HUGE feathers in their hair come out and they were dancing to get people to come in. Way cool. I decided it's kind of like Vegas, only smaller and cleaner.

The Blip on Our Real Life:

Michael is preparing for the Boards Exam this week, since it's his Spring Break. He is perfecting the balance between studying 12+ hours a day, working with the Young Men--a calling he absolutely LOVES, loving me, :) and taking care of all the other little things that get tricky to juggle (car problems, making sure to shower daily when there's not mandatory class that day--don't worry: he showers if he knows he has to be around people, exercising, etc.). He is so great about making time for everyone, including me. Couldn't ask for a better partner in life. :)


I'm still teaching. I really do enjoy it, but Spring Break cannot come soon enough. (It's next week--WAHOO!) My students tell me that they will learn English when I learn Spanish. I tell them, "Nice try." :) They are really fun kids and good kids, and I love being their teacher. It is really hard and really frustrating sometimes, but it's also incredibly rewarding when something does go well, when you see things "click" for a kid. Those moments are few and far between, but they make it all worth it. I'm working in the Young Womens and LOVING it! Best calling in the Church, fo' shizzle. :) Still trying to master bringing some form of nutrition into our lives . . . :) Life is good.

4 comments:

nataley said...

I bet those Young Women LOVE you- what a perfect calling for you! Love the update :)

amber w said...

So much fun......again! ;) 'Riotous Living' sounds like fun to me. I'm coming down next! Thanks for the update. We love reading your blog with all the fun things you guys do when you aren't working/studying. I hope we can work something out in May, I sooooooo want to see you. Love ya!

Milton and Christen Crowther and Family said...

I love reading your blogs. You both are so cute together. Its so awesome that you are able to be around such fun stuff to do. When you go to all those fun places could could you suggest that they all open a fun place up in Kennewick and drop it in there comment boxes. hehe Glad you are doing well!!!

shaunie said...

Your last few posts have been hilarious! I certainly know how posting about "real life" can be - messy houses, taking care of kids, while Ben studies. A lot of the same. So we post about the fun stuff too. Keep having fun!