Sunday, September 19, 2010

Puget Sound Pros

"Don't try to brainwash people."
-Michael, after I read this blog post to him

We've been working on this list and after a fun night out on the town, we are ready to submit our findings. Last night, we drove out in the pouring rain to downtown Puyallup's H G Bistro for the live music and dessert. (Sidenote: The windshield wipers weren't going fast enough!) Mostly the promise of live music lured us out of our apartment, since we didn't even find a dessert menu on their website. It turned into a fun, simple date and I think we might be life-timers.

I had the H G Bistro S'more, which consisted of a puff pastry on graham cracker crumbs on a wooden plank, dripping with marshmallow and chocolate and topped with a scoop of ice cream. The presentation was the funnest part, though--the waitress brought it out FLAMING! She set it down in front of me on fire and told me to go ahead and blow it out. And the best (and most important) part was that it actually tasted delicious! So, to begin our list of Puget Sound Pros, we give you

H G Bistro in Puyallup. Love the live, chill music and the original s'more dessert.

Family. Big time. Anywhere from 1-4 hours away. (Still missing those who are further.)

Green.
Our apartment that is flea-less and only on the second floor. (I thought the third floor was where it was at, but so far, I like the second floor MUCHO MAS BIEN. And, no, Britney, Michael would not tell me how to say that for sure.) :)

A Beehive Bookstore with nice ladies to give real opinions about apartment complexes in their ward.
Seattle is really pretty at night. Tacoma is okay-pretty at night. The lights on the water look really cool, and actually, I think J's building is the prettiest. It gets all green and cool looking. Reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. After all, Seattle is "The Emerald City"!

I get to wear my rainboots and use my cool duck umbrella!

Michael is not studying constantly for boards anymore, though he will probably start studying for Step 2 any day now.

You can drink hot chocolate or have hot soup any day here and not feel weird--well, maybe a little weird, since it's technically still summer, but I love hot chocolate, so this is definitely a pro.

You can use your oven almost any day and not overheat your house/apartment.

$2 Movie Theater within 10 minutes.

Fresh fruit available on random roadside corners.

Mt. Rainier is spectacular on clear summer days!

Lots of relatively close outdoorsy things to do (we haven't done all of these things yet, but hope to)--hiking, biking, kayaking, maybe even swimming (in our heated pool).



After I read through "our" list, Michael said, "I think you're being WAY too optimistic."

2 comments:

Tami said...

I don't think you're overly optimistic at all. We love it here. You have only just begun... :)

Lisa said...

I agree with Tami. It's not possible to be "too optimistic" about Northwest Washington. It's heaven on earth. Can't wait to move back there.