Thursday, September 30, 2010

Glucose Test

For the record, I totally psyched myself out about this for no reason. I thought I might have a really difficult time--I think my gag reflex does P90X and that's why some foods can just really get to me--but I didn't. Not at all, in fact. So if you are ever freaked out about drinking pure sugar to test for gestational diabetes, just know that it wasn't bad at all (EDIT: at least for me). And ask for the Fruit Punch flavor. (They just gave it to me. Maybe it always comes in fruit punch. I don't know. I was just relieved that it wasn't as disgusting as I'd imagined.)

Phew.

5 comments:

The Four J's said...

You're lucky!!! When I had to do that test with Jackson I got super light headed and they had to go lay me down! Glad you had an easier time with it!!! I think it also comes in orange, but I agree.. the fruit punch wasn't bad.. I guess it just gave me too much of a sugar high!

Jemmett Clan said...

I was so scared the first time too!! I have always had lime. My dr has like 5 or 6 different flavors to choose from!!! Glad you made it through and just think....this is just the beginning of al lthe "fears". (Granted you already get to hear about most everything from your hubby)!!

Maria said...

Oh man, mine was the orange flavor, and although the first sip wasn't bad, I did want to puke by the end. You must have a stronger stomach than I do!

Geneil said...

Good, I'm glad you're one of those women too! I had heard horror stories, but my orange drink was just like drinking flat orange pop... not really a big deal. And I was very relieved. :-)

amber w said...

I didn't think it was too bad either. Not something I wanted to drink all the time, but feasible. Although I have to say, just for different tastes, I probably would have been sick if I'd had the fruit punch, I think that stuff is awful regularly! ;O)