After a couple of weeks of mulling over ideas, this was the better blog title we came up with: The Importance of Being an Internist. [We tried to think of something that combined a main element of both of our lives--"The Importance of Being Earnest" is one of my favorite plays and Michael is on his way to being an "intern" or resident. Does it make it completely unclever if I explain it? Oh well.] I decided to make a blog header to display the new name with a picture of some of our favorite books, and ones that represent our interests pretty well, too, along with an EKG (in red) beeping along across them. When I showed Michael, he exclaimed, "That's not a good EKG." At first, I thought he meant it looked too much like a cartoon and not realistic enough, and I agreed, but it was the best I could find in the time that I wanted to spend finding it. This was not, however, what he meant. He further explained, "That's not an EKG! The p-waves don't even correspond with the QRS complexes."
Huh?
"I guess it could be A-fib/flutter."
Rather than examining the oh-so-fantastic artistic qualities of the new blog header, he was ACTUALLY READING the EKG and what it meant for the poor, non-existent, A-fib/flutter heart that it represented! Ha! I guess that means our blog just has a few weeks to live. :)
7 comments:
put your blog on an anticoagulant. You'll live a while, yet! We really love the new header. Very, very clever!
He's such a nerd. Ha. I think it looks good!
You guys are hilarious!!! I love the header (and I still think it is creative even with you explaining it) :)!!
I like it too. Very clever.
I love it. You guys have the funniest conversations! Wish we could get together with you guys!
BTW-when I read the new heading I was a little shocked....I thought Michael was maybe going back to school to actually BE an internist.
I laughed when I found out what you really meant. So awesome!
I love it! Tell Michael I'm with Britney. He's a nerd. :)
I love the header, and love even more Michael's reaction to it!
Post a Comment