Chris’ wife Lisa not only earned Best Wife Ever, but I think she also merited the Sister-in-Law of the Year Award when she recently bought Chris a plane ticket home for his birthday, to be used during Spring Break. She had to stay and bring home the bacon. We missed her and Britney and Landon, but at least she has all the glory. J Our vacation week was full of cheap entertainment, from making fish faces to get Darwin to smile, to making "'80s" faces to get Chris to smile.
Michael and I made Argentine milanesas for the fam one night. We designed pizzas another night. Played Catch Phrase where Michael heckled everyone with "nervous" hands pointed in their direction. Darwin loved being in the company of his youngest cousin on Michael's side.
We did a science experiment directed by Dr. Michael involving Mentos and Diet Coke. The result was a Diet Coke sprinkler, which our niece ran through, getting all sticky and leading to an all out father-daughter Diet Coke fight.
Some of the boys got to go on a lovely hike and were hailed on. (Michael said the one liner joke, "What the . . . ? Hail?!" probably three times, minimum.) :) Some of us went to the zoo and were rained on. We did see the CUTEST BEAR EVER at the zoo, though! (See Darwin's hood.)
And we got to go to the Tulip Festival, something I have been looking forward to all year. It was beautiful! And Darwin was squealing the WHOLE time at all the colors. So fun! We had a buddy system and our niece was my buddy. She is a little artist and sketched several blooms that day, almost getting left in the dust a few times. I told her I would take a picture of any flower(s) that she wanted to draw so that if she didn't have time to finish them there, she could do it at home. There was really no need to put that plural "s" in parenthesis because I think at the end of the day I had about 100 different tulips on my camera. :) Good thing I charged the battery! I have to say, though, one of the pictures she asked me to take was from the ground looking up and it's one of my favorites! She has an eye for art. All in all, a great few days.






2 comments:
Great pictures! Looks like a fun time.
Thanks again, Lisa!
Post a Comment