Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

A few weekends ago, we got to go home for one of my best friend's weddings. Mandy looked beautiful, and thankfully there was no drama like in the Julia Roberts movie. Phew. Except the drama of trying not to fall off the 6-inch step I had to remain perched on for an hour in high heels. That was a little scary. But, I, along with the other girlies, made it through the whole thing without falling. When it was all over, Michael said how weddings always make him think about "how much I should love my wife." (Note, they don't make him think about how much he DOES love me, but how much he SHOULD love me. Ha.) :) He asked if it made me think of how much I love him, but I had to confess that most of the time I was concentrating on not falling off the stairs. In my defense, I did think about him the night before at the rehearsal. My friend Heather sang a beautiful version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" and I did get a little sappy.

Some CHS friends--Jawana, Anita, Madie, Char, Julia, Jared, Chad, Ashton, Blake, and Justin.

Mandy and her Dad were "Stayin' Alive."


"Besitos."
We also got to hang out with our families for a bit. One night, we went to the driving range and Michael's dad taught me to hit the golf ball, which was really fun! Michael was impressed that I was able to hit the ball and actually get it going a ways and I was pretty excited about it, too. Maybe now I can list hitting golf balls as "my sport," along with Wii boxing. :)

My Grandma and Grandpa came over to my parents' for dinner one night. It was so fun to see them! On her way out, Grandma said she'd need some help down the steps of the front porch. Michael teased her, "Do you want me to just throw you over my shoulder?" I think she got a kick out of that one. Grandpa's just as fun as ever--not ornery, as he always claims. :)

Some other things we did included . . .
Darwin's Easter outfit. The hat doesn't really go, but I like it anyway.

Our Easter egg hunt, prepared by Mr. and Mrs. E. Bunny

An Easter sunset walk on the river.

Playing with his toes and with Grandpa.

Darwin giving loves to Nana and Papa.
A Saturday morning jog on the Columbia

Post-P90X

With Great-Grandma

My golf stance.

with Great-Grandpa
Doing our Easter egg scavenger hunt, left by Mr. Easter Bunny himself.

5 comments:

NaDell said...

Fun trip!
I'm glad you were able to see our 'ornery' grandpa and cute grandma.

Justin and Michelle Klingler said...

Oh I miss everyone so much!! I so wish I could have been there!!! You all look beautiful! And when did Ashton and Chad get together? And I love Blakes beard! Maybe I should get a Facebook! :) just kidding. Your baby is adorable!!!

Christina said...

That's not your real golf stance is it? ;) Sounds lik a lot of fun... I love weddings!

AmyLynne said...

I really want to meet Darwin!

Tami said...

That golf stance is impressive! They never take me to play golf. I think my baseball swing scares them too much. ;) Tell Michael he can't use P90X as an excuse. We all know he can't stretch farther than that, anyway.