Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"I'm a Fungi."

So, this mushroom walks into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Oh, I'm sorry, but we don't serve things like you here." The mushroom says, "Why not? I'm a fungi!"

This is one of Michael's signature jokes. I love it. It still cracks me up everytime he tell it. It's right up there with the "If you were a president, what president would you be?" "Uh, I don't know. . . . maybe George Washington?" "Oh. Well, I think you would be . . ." (pause for effect) "BABEraham Lincoln!" Haha!

The fungi joke is of the same caliber of hilariousness as when someone comments on Michael's hair or is looking at it, and he says, "Do you want to touch it?" and then when they do, he kind of growls and jerks his head really quickly and makes the other person jump.

It even matches how when Destiny's Child comes on with their "Survivor" song, he starts to tell a story of how he recently "survived" something, trying to end it perfectly so they start singing right after. "This one time, I was in the hospital, and I almost fell asleep while listening to a patient, but I didn't because I'm a survivor."

I take it as a good sign that I still think it's funny. I know his sisters might have tried to prevent him from showing his true colors, especially with the BABEraham Lincoln joke, while we were dating, but I'm glad he "messed up." :) Totally fell for it. Totally fell for him. (And Tami, Angie, and Britney, thanks for trying.) :)

Anyway, enough of the mushiness. Michael had to be on-call for Tami's birthday and we had just set off the foggers in our apartment, so I had to get out of there. It gave me a great excuse to invite myself to tag along with their family for a birthday hike to Barclay Lake in the North Cascades, where we saw a lot of FUNGI. :) What a blast! Thanks, you guys!
Though it was very hot outside, especially for here, it was a shady hike the whole way. That is the way to go!

Tree Moss Mongolian Beard

Tree Moss Mustache

Barclay Lake is an Alpine lake. That translates to mean a FREEZING COLD lake. I could hardly handle putting my feet in at first (though, I have become kind of a wimp with cold water). Even J said it was really cold, so that made me feel better. It was beautiful, though, and sitting on this log baking in the sun, after a while it felt great to dangle a toe in. J and the kiddos actually swam in it! I was glad to keep the birthday girl company on the log.

He fell asleep clutching his peanut butter pretzel. :)

For anyone going up this way, my parents took me with them one time on the North Cascades Highway. It is a fantastic trip! On this side of the highway, maybe 20 minutes or so (?) from Everett is a great little drive-in called "Zeke's." I was in heaven with their fresh fruit raspberry milkshake. Reminded me a lot of the A-frame milkshake shack, in Dayton, I think. Also, there are tons of roadside fruit stands. You are definitely in Washington on this drive. :) Thanks, Toe Jam, for letting me tag along!

3 comments:

Tami said...

We LOVED having Aunt Mita with us! Thanks for a fun day!

amber w said...

Looks like so much fun! I'll call you soon. Wish we were camping this weekend. You guys probably need the break this weekend, if Michael isn't working and we need to find a job! :) If we don't go camping with you guys at least once before you leave WA I'm going to cry, so let's keep planning it so that one of these times it'll happen! Miss you.

The Mothership said...

We went on that hike a few years ago. All I remember is that it was cold and rainy. Way too cold to even think about getting in the water. :) I'm glad you had fun.

The only islands we have been to is the San Juans. There are so many different things to do up there. We went kayaking for our anniversary this past spring. You can walk on to the ferry (it's cheaper that way) and everything is pretty close to the ferry terminal on the islands, so you really don't need your car. Taking bikes would be fun too. That is on our list of things to do.