I have a confession. I am not a so-called "avid reader." In fact, for an English major and English teacher, I am not very well-read at all. I like to blame this on the fact that I have always had to read what was assigned or what I had to assign, leaving little time for what I actually wanted to read, but that's not completely the truth.
But, I do love books. I can spend an hour and a half in Barnes and Noble browsing the shelves, making a list of things I want to read someday, and think it was only five minutes. And even better, I can spend an hour in our little community library, which is barely bigger than the Merrill's Corner branch at home and probably has the same amount of books, and come out with both arms loaded for free! Michael asks, "Are you going to read all those?"
Probably not, I know, but I just can't help myself. I figure if I can carry them all by myself in one load to the car, then that's not overdoing it. And I do LOOK at all of them.
Anyway, I was thinking that if someone just had my library books receipt, they would know a lot about me--what I am interested in, what I want to be interested in, what I am concerned about. Maybe I'll start putting my library receipts in my journal. Until then, here are the reads I have checked out this month. Can you see what I am thinking about? (I know it's blurry and kind of hard to tell, but I bet you could make an educated guess based just on the cover of the DVD on the bottom shelf.)

1 comment:
I like this idea a lot! And if it makes you feel any better, I had to renew one book three times because I really meant to read it, but never got it done. Maybe I got a little smarter just by holding it, right
Post a Comment