Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Having Contractions

Yes, the fact that two of the other guys had already done it was a contributing factor.
No, I didn't "make" him do it.
Yes, I'm kind of glad he did.
Yes, the childbirth educator strongly encouraged him to do it.

And
Yes, at one point, reaching for his juice on the floor while seated on the couch, he did say,
"I can't reach it!"



At the class that night, we were talking about climbing stairs during labor to help. Then we actually climbed stairs. Every three minutes or so, the instructor would say, "Contraction!" We stopped where we were and did what we think we would do if we were actually having a contraction, Michael included--in fact, he was the first one to start doing lunges when she said it!

7 comments:

k and p said...

That is incredibly funny.
I'm sure it will make for some hilarious memories. You two are so cute! I'm excited for baby Darwin to make it here..... :D

Tami said...

I would have paid money to be there...

Julianne said...

Looking pretty good there, Michael Draney! Ryan's going to love this one.

Anita -- just a few more weeks! I'm getting highly jealous of you, you know...

Tina Crowther said...

That is hilarious! Make sure you remember Michael doing lunges when the real contractions come! (Not for any reason except to make you think about something else! and maybe get a laugh or two.)

Rich Withers said...

Ha ha, I love it! We didn't have an 'extra' belly at our class. I can't believe how close it is getting! Looking forward to seeing you soon! Just a couple more weeks. :D (this is amber)

Jake, Bergan and Brinley Hobbs said...

This is AWESOME! You 2 are so cute, I love it. I think I have a good idea now for when Jake and I have our next child... :)

Sally said...

THe heart on the belly is by far so awesome!!!