At the corn maze a few weeks ago, our nephew jumped out from behind some stalks of corn to scare the rest of us coming up behind . . . and landed in a big ol' slippery mud puddle. In rain boots. Bad combo. He was such a good sport about it! (Especially since Aunt Anita and Uncle Michael were being meanies and couldn't quite contain the laughter. Hehehe. I like to think it's okay because I think if it was me, I'd be laughing, but still . . . Anyway, it's nice that we have such understanding family. They tolerate us! They really tolerate us!) :)
This little dude had a great time hitching a ride (and missing the muck) on Uncle Michael's shoulders. (And Uncle Michael didn't mind the muck one bit with him as a corn maze buddy.)
Our neice and me on the tram out to our choice of "Spokane," "Clarkston," "Newport" or "Palouse" (I think it was Palouse...). The maze was shaped like Washington state, and we entered from the east and trekked across to the west side, taking several detours in between. The maze makers made it for local 4th grade classes who are studying Washington state geography and history, so there were lots of cool little facts along the way, including a sign that warned against the dangers of staying in Hanford too long.
Well, how else do you think Michael got red curly hair? :)
The farm also had a pumpkin patch, where we picked out one small, perfectly round pumpkin (which was made into Mickey Mouse and accompanied the awesomely huge pumpkins from my parents... pics to follow, and thanks, Mom & Dad!) and a petting zoo and a straw bale maze. Oh! And duck races. My neice and I had a great time watching the duck races! They are quacko!
(Hehehe. Huh-larious.) :)


2 comments:
That was a GREAT day! You are way faster than me at getting a post up!!
Yay,so much fun. Can't wait to see you guys in about a month, either here or there! I think we will have to invest in some rainboots for Christmas this year....;)
Post a Comment