Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hard Workin' Man


He's a hard workin' man.
He wears a SURGERY CAP.
He can SUTURE and READ EKGs,
Do PROCEDURES with his hands that most men can't.
He can't get a BED no matter how hard he tries.
He's gettin' really good at barely gettin' by.

Darwin and I made Michael a music video for our family-instituted Daddy Appreciation Day. These are the best holidays of the year, and I do mean holidays with an "s," since they can occur more than once in any given year. The date itself is flexible, the type of celebration can be as minute as writing a note attached to the celebrated party's (Daddy, in this instance) favorite candy bar or as elaborate as a candy bar poster, music video, and the person's favorite kind of pizza. As long as something about it makes the special individual feel special and appreciated, and as long as the holiday occurs when it is needed (like after Daddy works two 25-hour shifts in one weekend), it can be officially declared "So-and-so Appreciation Day!"

FYI: The music video is rated F for Family. As in my family. As in ONLY my family, because of embarrassing content that is unfortunately not outweighed by the cute content of the younger performer in the video. :)

3 comments:

Lana K said...

Michael is so lucky! He has an amazing wife! Anita, thanks for your example! Love you!

Tami said...

You're the best! I think any video that I star in is rated F. Can I get that in writing somewhere?

Emilee D said...

You are SO SO SO SWEET!!! You seriously inspire me to be a better wife! What an incredible woman you are!