Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last Didactic Week. Ever.

"As long as I pass," says Michael. If he doesn't, you probably won't be hearing about it. :)

While Michael was busy studying and taking tests all week long, Darwin and I played with Uncle Rich, Auntie Am, and one of his SuperCousins! We had such a great time with them! During the week, we went to the park where Darwin got his first swing ride with Auntie Am. Darwin played in the exersaucer and was so excited that his feet could touch the ground in it! (Theirs is a little lower than ours.) We went to Salem for an afternoon. We celebrated the day after St. Patrick's Day with corned beef and cabbage and potatoes. (Michael got to be there the day after St. Patrick's Day.) Michael and I got to visit our friends Kelly and Sally and kiddos and they made us a yummy dinner, too! Thanks! Darwin's SuperCousin is a SuperNephew, too! He helped me unload all of Darwin's laundry from the dryer--so stinkin' cute! And the SuperNephew was used to Darwin by the end of the week, I think, which I take as a good sign for the nephew's expected SuperBrother!
On Saturday after all of Michael's tests, we got raspberry fritters, played some Mario Kart Madness (the girls won even though the three boys got more points--it's all about who's on your team, right Am? :) ), and went to Silver Falls. This was a pretty amazing falls--photos never seem to do nature justice. Well, at least my photos. :) Darwin didn't even mind the mist that covered his face when we emerged from underneath the falls. He's a pretty great kid. And the nephew was so fun, playing peek-a-boo with his daddy. I love that pic of their fam on the bottom right! We had such a nice time with them. It is always so fun to be with family!
And on the way home, we were dedicated Cougar fans and watched the BYU vs. Gonzaga game via Michael's iPhone (Hooray for the March Madness app!). In the car. He watched while I drove and gave me updates until I couldn't stand it anymore and we stopped at Applebee's in Vancouver to watch the rest of the game. We celebrated our win (not to mention the fact that this was the last didactic week ever!) with dinner and headed home.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Did I read that right? Darwin is getting a super brother???

Michael and Anita said...

Oh dear, no. I'm talking about the nephew's brother, Rich and Amber's.

Tami said...

Yay for being finished with didactics!!