Monday, April 18, 2011

Speed Reading

"Aunt Mita" got a special treat the other day. Our nephew speed read Where the Wild Things Are to me. He knows all the good parts, especially when the wild things "roared their terrible claws" and when the wild rumpus starts, how all the wild things go "Bungle, bungo! Bungle bungo!" And when Max got back home and "found his supper waiting and it was still hot."

5 comments:

Kathryn M said...

I have wanted to adopt him since the first day I chased orks with him. My offer still stands, he is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Mary said...

CUTE! Uncle Paula nd I memorized that one when Milton and Joe were small a LONG, LONG Time ago. We like to see if we can still rectie it sometimes. Your nephew is a great speed reader...He got the most important parts. I didn't know the wild rumpus part said "Bungle, Bunkle..."

Anonymous said...

Man, he talks so good! I haven't seen him in too long. I love that kid!

Christy said...

That is hilarious! Where does the "bungle, bungo" come from? I don't remember that in the story...

Tami said...

Bunga Bunga is the way Daddy reads the story. There are three pages of "wild rumpus" with no words. Daddy decided it needed a soundtrack. It is better that way, isn't it?