This weekend, Tami and I did the 5-mile Tulip Run up in Skagit Valley. The only tulips we saw were the ones they handed us when we crossed the finish line, so I guess it's a good thing we did cross it. :) It was so fun to do this race together. We had been a little wishy-washy about doing the 5-mile and the week before I copped out and thought maybe we should do the 2-mile, considering going from running practically zero miles pre-race to running five miles in one day is a pretty big jump. But, with Michael's encouragement, we decided to "go big or go home." I am so glad we did. It was Tami's first race ever and I think she might have even liked it. :) I sure did. It was so much fun to do it together. Our accomplishment was that we didn't stop running the whole time (we decided to save our speed for the next race, right Tam? :) ). Tami cracked me up along the way, and our original mantra, taken from her cute toddler son with help from Lightning McQueen, helped us keep pushing through--"I. Am. Speed." When all was said and done and we were warming down, I asked Tami, "Don't you just feel like you belong on a Wheaties box?" :)
We had the best "groupies" of anyone there by far. Michael, Mom and Dad D, and the kiddos were all there to cheer us on, and we even got phone calls and text messages from other family. You know you're loved when two cute kids are running after you with hand made signs that say, "Go Mom and Anita!" Darwin even mustered a few smiles for me, which always makes me feel like a million bucks. :)
| Uncle Michael bench pressing the nephew |
| Enjoying Nana's watch. :) |

4 comments:
Anita, I can't believe you did a 5-miler! Congratulations! And OK, that sounds like I can't believe that you are capable of running 5 miles. Of course you ARE capable. But I'm sitting here at 2 weeks postpartum and thinking I'll be doing good if I can run a mile in about 6 months from now...it's getting warm here and I'm seeing people out running on the trails and I can only wistfully follow them with my eyeballs and not my feet. 5 miles in 3 or 4 more months sounds like a dream. Congrats, is my point!
And PS, that baby of yours is DARLING. What a dollie pants, what great smiles.
Yay! You did it. Good job to you and Tami! Looks like fun. I would vote for you guys to be on a Wheaties box.
I DID have fun! Thanks so much for talking me into it!! You're my inspiration!
Wow! You are awesome! I keep telling myself that i need to do something like this. I've always wanted to and I'm not getting any younger. ;) Keep up the great work, you truly are inspiring! XOXO
Post a Comment