Friday, July 15, 2011

Another One Gone.

Just after enjoying his free birthday burger at Red Robin and wearing the birthday hat, shared by Tam's fam. We made a special trip home before going to Red Robin just to get this hat. And Michael had it set on the largest size and still had a hard time keeping it on his dome.
We celebrated Michael and Angie's birthdays with a round a mini-golf, some arcades, and batting cages. During mini-golf, our bro-in-law said, "I swear this family could have fun watching grass grow." I have to agree, given that mini-golfing all 18 holes is usually pretty boring (to me, at least), but it wasn't this day. Afterwards, we hit up Red Robin for Michael's free birthday burger and had Triple Chocolate Pound Cake, which I chose to make for him and Angie partly because they like it, but mostly because I LOVE it. :) Ha! (Michael requested it, too, but I guess what I mean is that I am so glad he wanted that one!) :) I don't have a pic, but I tried to be all creative and got some strawberry and chocolate sauces to drizzle on the plater before putting the cake on it. The strawberry sauce all just slid to the center, though. I was going to try and make the bowls look all cute with the sauces, too, but since the strawberry sauce was failing me, I just "wrote" with the chocolate sauce instead. Each bowl had a word and it spelled out "Happy Bday, M-Dawg & Ang!" The chocolate sauce spread out a little questionably, too, so the words were pretty illegible, but it was fun and they got to see it.

I brought the lit-up cake in to Michael and while we were all singing, I set it down in front of him on Tami's (brand-new!) table and (just opened that day!) table linens. Yeah. Can you see where this is going? Ha. So, we finished the song, Michael made his wish and blew out the candles. And then they lit up again. Hehehehe! Joke's on Michael, right? Wrong. They kept lighting up and lighting up and they were getting too low to grab! How do you put out trick candles without ruining the cake or burning yourself? Yikes! Michael pulled one out and turned it upside down to put in a glass of water, but before it was submerged, it lit up again and almost burned his finger. He tried to drop it in the water, but the frosting stuck to his hand and instead the candle launched itself as he pulled his hand back right onto Tami's table. Luckily, the table came out unscathed. I haven't heard about the small bit of chocolate on the white linens yet, though. . . . (Sorry, Tam.) Joke's on me.

Mini-golf is not my forte. While at least three other people in our group, one of whom is still in single-digits in age, celebrated holes-in-one, I was celebrating a hole-in-four. Ha. :) (It was Michael's birthday. I couldn't show him up on his birthday. :) )

The gang at Red Robin
On his actual birthday (Sunday), he got this sweet donut cake with sparkler candles.

Happy Birthdays!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Good times! :) And the table linens came out okay. (I have three kids - we don't carry high expectations for them). Hooray!