Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Love this kid.

photo by Aunt Tami--link (thanks!!)
Darwin Now-a-days:
*says "la, la, la" and "da, da, da" and "ga, ga, ga" and "ba, ba, ba" and "blah, blah, blah"
*occasionally gets a "mmma" out when he sticks his fist in his mouth and then removes it on the "-a" part
*talks less when there's a lot of talking going on--guess he feels like he "can't get a word in edgewise." :)
*tries not to laugh until he absolutely can't hold it in anymore when you tickle him (his secret tickle spot is his inner thigh and sometimes his clavicle--he usually giggles when I use a wipe under his chin)
*works on crawling, but would rather just walk--he pulled himself up using my legs and shoulder when I was lying on the floor with him yesterday
*is fine being held by other people usually, but sometimes cries if he sees us walk out of the room. It's nice that he cares and knows we exist, but it's also nice when he is happy without us there, which he usually is so far.
*spins himself around in his crib so when I come to see what the ruckus is, he's turned 180 degrees and probably done it more than once
*kicks his crib so hard it makes me wonder if someone broke in
*pulls out and puts in his binkie. except in the middle of the night.
*pulls hair whenever it's offered. 
*pounds on his tray at dinner to say "more," or just for fun when we pound back to him (I suppose we're not really helping with table manners there, but it's fun that he mimicks.)
*waves sometimes when he is waved to. It takes some convincing that it's the thing to do, but it's so fun when he does it.
*smiles daily when Daddy comes home
*sits up like a champ
*hates green beans
*loves to eat pretty much everything else, including books.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I totally agree with him on the processed green beans. Sorry. I never could figure out why they can play with the binky all day long, and NEVER get it in their mouths at night. sigh.