Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Leaning Tower of Babel

This kid looks a little like the leaning tower of Babel when he tries to stand. :)
In a recent survey of our apartment, I noticed our tall bookshelf seems a little skiwampus. "It's like the leaning tower of Babel!" I exclaimed.

The only problem is that the tower of Babel did not lean. Yet again I was caught doing a Michaelism. If I collect enough of these, I'll have to make a new tab for Aniters.

Right after I said this, Michael said, "What a nerd. You got your words messed up." Ha.

If he had stopped there, he would've been in the clear. Instead, he added, "What smoke you been crackin'?"

Now, for the record, I haven't been crackin' any smoke, but I have been messing up my words. The other day while Darwin was still awake, I was telling Michael about Darwin's sleep routines, explaining what I did and what words I said. Worried that Darwin would pick up on what I was saying, I ommitted a "dirty" (to Darwin) word in my explanation and told Michael that I tell our baby. "Good night. Go to *mmph*!" (Just to be clear, the *mmph* is usually filled in with "sleep," but it sounds like there is another option when you say it out loud.)

For more "messed up" words, check our Michaelisms tab.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I think you can still attribute yours to lack of sleep and first 12 months of baby. He has no excuse. He's been at it for years.