| Check out Am's amazing photography skills while driving (riding in the car)! You go, Am! |
Rich and Am came up last weekend and met Darwin and me at Mt. Rainier. Our pass from going with George was good for a week, so we got to go again with them. (Michael had to study.) We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. I've never seen the mountain so clearly up close; it's always been cloudier before.
The best part of the day? Snacking on an 8-pound box of fresh blueberries Rich and Am picked up at a roadside stand. Yum, yum! The worst? Not having Michael there, and not just because of his muscles. (We missed you, hon.)
We opted for the Grove of the Patriarchs trail again and were originally thinking about doing Silver Falls, too. After about five minutes of hiking, though, I wimped out; Michael usually packs Darwin around and the last time I had to do it for very long he was probably only four months old. He's a hefty little dude now in comparison. So, in conclusion, we did not go to Silver Falls and no one seemed too disappointed (especially not the adults, each of whom would've had to carry a child on the hike).
| The "Baby Brigade," as we were dubbed by passers-by on the trail. |
| Crossing the pretty green river. |
| swirlies. |
We ended the day with a short visit to Paradise. It was the clearest it's ever been for me. Amazing.
On a side note, Michael was singing that song practically the whole week ("Two Tickets to Paradise"). :)
On the car ride home, we got a chorus of crying--two that were "for real," and one from my cute nephew who just wanted to fit in with the rest of the kids. :) It's funny now. And it was sort of funny then, but only because we knew we only had a little ways to go before we could stop. Phew.
We survived
and so did they
and we had
such a lovely day.
4 comments:
Great that you got your money's worth from that Park Pass. Spending time with your famiy- Priceless! Had to come feed the fish again today.LOL
Your little Darwin is adorable. And I know I rarely comment, BUT---I'm just so happy there are other families that hit up Paradise and Sunrise and Grove of the Patriarchs and all that. I grew up visiting those places about every other summer (and my Dad and little bro were there last week!). Beautiful pics from Paradise--so clear. Lucky you!
The Baby Brigade! I love it! And I have the same swirlies picture from our visit to the Grove four years ago. :)
I want to visit Rainier again so badly! Maybe next year. I love your polygamist comment.
Post a Comment