Wednesday, December 21, 2011

In the Christmas Mood

On a trip to Seattle's Downtown Christmas carousel, etc., Darwin had a bit of an accident which left him pant-less. We improvised by wrapping him up in his blankie, which wouldn't stay on the stroller and him without help, so I tied it on (and subsequently tied his legs together) with my scarf. Not sure he's too happy about it, but it kept him warm. :)

After we had unpacked everything, these were the boxes that didn't make it through to the next round of moving. Michael put them to good use and built a fort for Darwin, which he loved!

A year later, and we're still having occassional dressing mishaps. (Remember the overalls?) This the new style called "Uni-leg."

So, I had this "great" idea to create cute wrapping paper by putting red and green paint on Darwin's feet and having him walk across the brown paper. The idea was cute. The paper was not. And Michael compared me to the mom's on "Toddlers and Tiaras." Ha. Sorry, baby. He was alright with it except that we were trying to keep him from getting paint on the floor and he didn't love being restrained. Below is his new tantrum pose. He either folds himself completely in half (as demonstrated below) or he lays all out on the floor and pushes himself back while screaming/crying. It makes me laugh more than anything. And it makes me a little nervous for future tantrums that last longer, too. Maybe he'll just get them all out now? . . .


Tami has a great slideshow on their TV of photos from Christmases past. I made one for our computer and I just found this scan to add to the mix of pictures. Such tiny Darwin hands! Can't believe how much bigger he is, and all in a year! And yes, I do recall him being a bit upset about doing this handprint last year, too. Seems to be a pattern here, huh? I still hold to my claim that I'm just trying to get him involved in the Christmas spirit early. :)

1 comment:

Tami said...

I really liked the scarf around the legs fashion statement. :)