For Christmas this year, we did go over a river and through the woods, but, more notably, we went over Snoqualmie Pass and through Yakima to get home for the holidays. It was a short trip, but so worth it. We were able to see my folks for the first time since we left for California in August, and we were able to get together with Michael's fam, too. There are definitely benefits to being from the same place.
 |
| We went for a sunset walk along the canal bank with my parents. It was cold, but beautiful. We have both always loved the sunsets of eastern Washington. And the stars! Clear night skies are really something at home. Kind of miss that sometimes. |
 |
| Here we are caroling on the eve of Christmas Eve. :) I love that Landon is using Britney's hat as a microphone. Kudos to Angie and the parents (and whomever else was involved) on making our list managable. We also were able to do a special candlelight nativity with Ds, a newer tradition we really love. (Thanks, Tam.) I was the only option for a pianist the night we did it, though (Britney and Landon were gone). I love playing the piano, but I think this may be 2 years running where I haven't been able to make it through the Christmas songs with both hands. I am rusty. Sheesh. New Years Resolution: get some kind of musical ability back into my life. |
Before we went home, we had our own small Christmas with just me, Michael, and Darwin. We decided to have a special meal we've been wanting to try--Trader Joe's carne asada. Such a great pick, FYI!
 |
| A couple days before Christmas weekend, we headed up to Tami's to exchange some gifts. Darwin was loving "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb." That is the first time since he was too small to fight his way out of my lap that he has sat through a whole book. Hooray for Tami and her kid book prowess! :) |
 |
| I was really excited about our special gifts for the kiddos--personalized pillow fighting pillows. Scooter's was the only one shaped like the object it was supposed to be (a pirate sword, of course). His was probably the most deadly, though you may not think so to look at it. Where the "metal" meets the handle gets pretty floppy, which makes it really easy to whack with. Yeah. Not quite what I was imagining, but he seems to like it and he probably needs the extra protection more than Ace and Lulu anyway. :) Ace's was a red ninja star on soccer ball fabric and Lulu's was a lightning bolt on pink penguin fabric. |
 |
| Uncle J always goes for the clavicle. Darwin doesn't seem to mind. He takes the cake for being the best Darwin tickler. After minutes of Darwin laughing and squealing, Uncle J put him down. While he was holding a ball for Darwin to stretch and reach with his right hand, Uncle J put just ONE finger on Darwin's clavicle and he collapsed with laughter in a heap on the floor. That's when you know you've got him! |
Grandpa playing with Darwin. We got to have a Christmas Eve meal and visit with them!
1 comment:
I thoroughly enjoyed that little video. I love our grandpa!
That sword is so cute! Did you take pictures of the other weapons? I think I might make some... =)
Post a Comment