Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lesson from My Boys

The other day we were watching our nephew Ace's Little League baseball game. He did so well--he was down and ready to go and even got a couple great hits! Unfortunately, his doing awesome only took up about 5% of the 2-hour-ish game in the rain, so we had to keep ourselves entertained. Lulu showed us her perfected sunflower seed spitting and Drew yelled, "We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher!" to the pitching machine at the top of his lungs. (They heard him in the dugout--he's got a future as a sports fan.) I took some pictures and videos. And Darwin was pretty enthralled in the game most of the time.



Michael has already taught and re-taught me this lesson through experience, so I don't know why I expected something different. When boys are watching sports, that is NOT the time to ask them questions you wish to have a response to.

It is, however, a fantastic time to ask if you can buy new shoes. :)

3 comments:

Tina Crowther said...

That is a good one! New Shoes! I like it!

Landon and Britney Rowley said...

It's so true. That is the best time to get an answer that is quick and just what you want to hear, without them realizing :)

Tami said...

LOVE this! So true!!