Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mr. Mom

Michael is officially DONE with rotations and the only thing he has left to do to become a doctor is to walk across a stage, shake a few hands, and get his hood. Woohoo! We are excited! :) Between now and then, he is being Mr. Mom while I bring in the big bucks substitute teaching for a few days. (He's such a gold digger. Ha.) :) Darwin is eating it up to have the whole day with "Da-DEE!" And it helps that Daddy has some fun electronic devices (i.e. a phone that plays music and that is small enough to be Darwin-sized portable). Mom has been upstaged. Reason #42 why I "need" (okay, want/think it would be fun) to have a smart phone. (I have not really sat down and made a list, but if I did, I'm pretty confident I could come up with 41 mediocre reasons besides this. :) ) Anyway, Darwin and Daddy are having an awesome time together and this video makes me happy. :)

(AND Darwin is starting to say "Mama" a whole lot more. Yay! I am no longer Daddy #2.) :)

3 comments:

Jemmett Clan said...

That was SOOOOO cute!!! How fun!! Hope you enjoying being....Mrs. Dad?!?! Congrats on being done!!

Skidmore Seven said...

He is adorable! I say go for the smart phone-consider it a graduation present to yourself for surviving med school. I didn't think I'd like one, but oh my goodness, I've had it for a month and am in Heaven. Hope you guys have fun relaxing and enjoying some down time before the big move.

Tami said...

I love how he keeps going even when he's sitting down!! :) And I've heard him say Mommy lots - he just only does it when he wants you and you aren't there to hear it. (But I thought being called Daddy was a compliment in his book, anyway?)