We had a fun weekend, so suddenly I feel like we have tons of blog-worthy news; I'm going a little crazy with posting, but this is the last one for today. I promise. :)
Saturday morning we played soccer with the people from Michael's work. Good times. We didn't get any pictures, though. (Bummer.)
This year we got Starving Student Cards. They have a section of "Free Stuff," so yesterday when we went up towards Salt Lake (originally just to go to IKEA for a bookcase) we took advantage of a couple of the free things that were up that direction: free 10 minutes of go carts, free mini golf, and free skating. (We decided to save the free paintballing for another day.) :) Here's some pics of our fun day date.
Why you should not touch the motor of a go cart.
Check out that form!
I didn't really cheat--well, not exactly. I just took several tries at it to finally get a hole-in-one, instead of just one try to get the hole-in-one. Michael got it the first time. Even so, I am proud I conquered the clam shell. :)
Michael literally swerved (only a little) when he saw the Hostess Bakery Outlet. These raspberry-filled donuts are his favorite. Just a few weeks ago I bought him some for his birthday--for 4 bucks! These ones only cost $1.80. Of course, we couldn't pass this up. (And we were so nostalgic about all the great treats our moms packed in our lunches as kids, that we couldn't pass up a couple packs of cupcakes, either.) :) They even had those little "pies" in wax paper packs. Apple was always my favorite in those. And frozen Ding Dongs were always really good, too. Now, it seems like a lot more sugar than I remember. :) (Almost too much--not quite, though.)
This is Michael whizzing by in the skate rink. It's on my phone camera, so it can't focus AT ALL on moving objects. Oh well.
Our blades.
The skate rink floor. Who wouldn't want this in their living room? :)










3 comments:
You guys are always doing such fun stuff!!!
And that is a total ochie for toughing the moter! I did that once on a motorcycle and I still have the scar, not fun.
Those go carts are a blast huh!?! We did that with the Websters and Pimentels last year. That totally pays for the card!
You guys are too much fun!
Post a Comment