Thursday, September 15, 2011

We made it.

Just in case you were wondering, we all made it safely on the 20+ hour drive to SoCal. A friend here is letting me borrow her jogging stroller, which has been SUCH a life saver since ours didn't fit in the car. It's super nice, too, complete with shock absorbers. Darwin is riding in style. I am having a hard time lasting very long on my runs around here, though. Maybe it's just that I'm kind of a wimp at pushing this awesomely hefty stroller with baby Darwin, who is also getting heftier. Maybe it's the fact that with all the craziness of the last month, I hadn't been running or doing any form of physical exercise for three weeks. But today, after I threw up my hands and started walking home (not running, not even jogging), I saw my scapegoat.

I blame the smog.

I don't remember this much smog before. While we were driving around one day, it was very noticable, and I said to Michael, "I can't believe we breathed this in for two years! We shouldn't even be alive!"

More updates soon. If the smog doesn't get us. ;)

5 comments:

Rach and Clark said...

that's how we felt in SLC! The smog is so bad there, too! I feel for ya. You wonder how you actually live through it!

Christy said...

Whoa, that is a terrible picture!! Glad you made it safe.

Tami said...

I remember my daughter thinking that it was overcast like Seattle! She felt right at home. :) Impressed that you're running with a little one! That is no easy job

shaunie said...

You poor souls are located where all the smog can do is back up against the mountains until the wind blows it away. Hopefully this fall isn't so hot and smoggy, and it will clear out soon!

Brett and Lisa said...

haha! yes, you don't raelize how bad the smog is until you go to a place where the smong isn't bad!! Come to workout class! It is M-F at 8:45. Unless your babe is napping. That is a good reason not to come.