Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wanted: Stronger Biceps

Baby Darwin had his one month check up. He is making up some ground! He weighed in at a whopping 7 pounds 11 ounces--2 pounds heavier than his birth weight.

Today I performed the mother of all mother maneuvers: the Reach-awkwardly-behind-you-Locate-binky-Locate-baby-mouth-and-Insert maneuver. Twice. And with no eyes! (They were on the road. Well, I mean, they were in my head, looking at the road. But they were NOT, however, available to locate the binky or baby Darwin's mouth.) I decided something. Babies are pretty lucky not to end up with a binky up their nose or in their ears. How Darwin managed to escape that embarrassment today (especially given his genetic proneness to having foreign objects up his nose--see THIS post) I do not know, but I'm glad he was able to avoid it and I'm glad he gave me just a few more minutes to get home from Christmas shopping without turning beet red and bawling for food. He is a good sport. And he gets fed, I cross my heart.

Our "little grunter."
During his exam, the doctor commented, "He's a little grunter, isn't he?" He's been getting more and more vocal in the past few days, even. We think it's kind of cute, especially the asleep-and-happy-about-it grunt where he kind of has a little high-pitched sigh going on.
Photo from his 2-week photo shoot with sweet and talented Aunt Tami

6 comments:

Amber said...

I love the picture. And if you think you need stronger biceps now, just wait til he hits 6 months--at the rate he's growing, you're gonna need to start lifting weights or something :)

amber w said...

Hurrah for gaining weight. That is so good. I really like that picture. Good for you with the binky. That's a tricky thing. I'm not sure I have it down yet. I know we just saw you guys, but we are looking forward to seeing you in a couple more days! Drive safe!

Tami said...

This is great! Isn't it AMAZING the skills you acquire in motherhood that never really work out on a resume? "Locating and inserting binky while driving" never gets much credit, but I'd like to see hubby's boss try to do it!

Milton and Christen Crowther and Family said...

He is such a cutie!!! I love the picture!!

Zent Family said...

Congrats on the new baby!!! He is adorable!!!! Nothing is better then a new born...enjoy!

abo-bder said...


شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض