One morning last week, I woke up with this scratch across my forehead. I have my theories: either Darwin scratched me, the down pillow got me, or Voldemort has been to our house.
Theories 1 and 3 probably don't need much explanation, but getting scratched by a down pillow might seem a little preposterous. When we were making the bed here (Vegas, if you're having a hard time keeping up) the first night, Michael grabbed a pillowcase to put on the pillow that was on his side of the bed. When he picked up the pillow, he said, "Ow!" in surprise when he discovered it was a down pillow by getting poked with the feathers, and then said "Ow!" a couple more times as he put the case on. It was cracking me up that he was getting "hurt" by a down pillow. He tried to sleep on it, but kept getting poked. I always thought down pillows were a luxury, since my Grandma and Grandpa had one that I got to use a few times when I stayed at their house. I didn't remember it being pokey, so I told Michael to hand it over and we swapped pillows and fell asleep.
And the next morning, I had a huge scratch on my forhead.
I still think it was Darwin, but the timing was awfully suspicious.
Then again, Vegas does seem like the kind of place Voldemort would frequent . . .
In other pillow news, Darwin loves playing in the pillows with Daddy. That's definitely a Daddy trait; I hate being covered in pillows. It is so fun to see and hear him get all excited to play in the pillows! My favorite thing he does is climbing up one big pillow pile and when he gets to the top, he throws both hands up over his head and then flops them (and subsequently, his whole body) down on the pillow with a big grin. I have yet to take a good photo of this so I'm taking a lot of great mental images. Anyone want to come to Vegas to take a picture of Darwin for me? :)

2 comments:
I do!!!
Maybe being covered in pillows won't be so bad if it is only a Darwin on top?
Post a Comment