Monday, October 24, 2011

Revisiting Zions

 On a day off in Cedar City, we took a trip to Zions National Park. It was our second trip there, but Darwin's first. He loved hiking with Daddy, as usual. :)
Sally suggestsed Weeping Rock, so we checked it out, and it was worth it! The water seeps through the sandstone (I think?). Way cool.

Me with Angel's Landing in the background. We kept saying, "I can't believe we hiked up that!" (See Angel's Landing from the top HERE.) This was on our way to Hidden Canyon. We got quite a ways up, but the trail turned into one like on Angel's Landing, with a chain to hang onto while you tip-toed on the edge of the mountain cliffs, and I "encouraged" (forced) Michael to turn back. (He hates not finishing hikes. "It makes me feel like I'm a weak animal," he says.)
The Riverwalk trail. We wished we had water shoes to go in and see the canyon. Maybe next time we will plan ahead a bit more.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Beautiful! Someday I really want to go hike Zions and Arches!

Christina said...

I love Zions! Weeping rock looks cool, don't think I've seen that one. Don't you love hiking with a wee one? They're pretty easy going and it's still a lot of fun.

amber w said...

Did you miss us? We still think about the fun we had the 1st time. Looks like you guys had a fabulous time this time as well. Miss you.