For my birthday, Sherri got us a hook-up with free tickets to Disneyland. Woohoo! Thanks!

We met up with Andrew and Mel and had a great day with them. They were so nice to trade off Darwin with us so we all got to go on rides. (I can't figure out how to turn this picture--I've tried everything I know. And I've tried it all three times. Same with some of the pics below. Sorry.)
When we got to the tram that rides to the park gates, we noticed there were a lot of people wearing red. Pretty soon it was obvious--it was "Gay Days" at Disneyland. And guess what color of shirt out-of-the-loop Andrew wore? :) (We were all out-of-the-loop, of course, but the rest of us chose different colors.)
 |
| Darwin eating up the pirahnas on Jungle Cruise |
 |
| The parade! |
 |
| Darwin loved my ice cream this time! We were all having some of the tasty treat and he was just looking so desperate to get some. So, thinking that he'd make the awesome "Holy cow! That's freezing cold!" face for Andrew and Mel, I gave him a little of mine. And then he started screaming for more. Literally. Squeally screaming. Ha. |
 |
| with Daddy :) |
 |
Fireworks
|
 |
| On my actual bday, Sherri invited the YM and YW over, and Michael "secretly" taught them all the Red Robin bday song and got me cake and flowers with colorful spiral candles!! Fun! They all stayed for longer than I think Sherri or Michael bargained for, but it was so great! One of the best bdays ever. Michael took me out to dinner while Bruce and Sherri watched Darwin for us. I had been craving El Torito's carne asada for the whole month and was so happy when the last bite just melted in my mouth. Mmmmm, Mmmmm! |
 |
| Sherri and Bruce with Darwin |
 |
| Earlier that day, I went to breakfast with a couple wonderful friends, Sherri and Lana, at Kick Back Jack's--my favorite! |
All in all, such a great birthday. Thanks, Sherri and Michael, especially, for making it so special. (Even after Michael didn't get home from work until like 6:45, and even after all the kind things Sherri and Bruce already did for us--ahem, letting us live with them for a whole month! Thank you!)
2 comments:
You are too lucky to go to lunch with sherri and lana. Can I go next time?!
I still get a little squealy screamy when I need ice cream, so I really can't blame Darwin much.
Post a Comment