Here we are, hiding in the corner of our little shack, waiting for Darwin to go to sleep. This is a daily occurence here in Las Vegas, where we are living in an 18' x 18' studio guest house. Darwin sleeps in the kitchen, and this little corner of the living-bedroom is the only place, besides the bathroom, where he can't see us and think that if he cries hard enough or bounces around cutely enough, we'll cave and pick him up. So, we hide from him, blocked from view by the bed and strategically placed pillows. He usually falls asleep pretty fast--we are lucky--but sometimes he protests by digging around his Pack 'n' Play to find every single binky in there and throws each one out onto the floor. Then he cries like there's no tomorrow. Or at least like there are no "nanas" (bananas) for lunch. What a kid. He really has been good to us, though.
Uncle Michael used to play "secret hideout" with Lulu and Ace. They hid really well, but when I found them a few too many times, I was (a teensy bit reluctantly) inducted into the society and was "allowed" to know where all the hideouts were, on the condition that I never revealed them, especially to the parents. Sorry "Toe Jam," but I'm bound by oath and I can't ruin my chances for the next secret society.
Someday Darwin will be able to play "secret hideout" with us, rather than against us, but until then, we'll be hanging out in this little corner three times a day for the month.
1 comment:
This is hilarious. I remember hiding so many times in all of our travels. The memories...
Post a Comment